West Sacramento is an exciting city to live in. Residents can enjoy warm temperatures and a variety of nearby activities. But for many, the decision to move there will be based on the real estate climate in the area.
The city has seen a lot of development in the past few years. Many homeowners are investing in new construction. In fact, West Sac real estate is some of the newest in the nation.
Despite demand in the area, home prices tend to be affordable as compared to nearby California communities. Here’s an idea of what you can expect.
The median home value in West Sacramento is $466,851. Average rents are $1647 per month. Here’s a further breakdown of what you can expect to pay.
- 6% of homes are under $70,000
- 8% of homes are between $70,001 and $140,000
- 1% of homes are between $140,001 and $280,000
- 8% of homes are between $280,000 and $420,000
- 1% of homes are between $420,001 and $561,000
- 1% of homes are between $561,001 and $701,000
- 3% of homes are between $701,001 and 1,051,000
- 1% of homes are between $1,051,001 and 1,402,000
- 2% of homes are above $1,402,000
Housing Market Details
Here’s some information regarding the ages, types, and sizes of homes in the area.
Age of Homes
- 5% of homes were built in 1939 or earlier
- 5% of homes were built between 1940 and 1969
- 25% of homes were built between 1970 and 1999
- 40% of homes were built in 2000 or after
Types of homes
- 4% of homes are single family
- 5% of homes are townhouses
- 3% of homes are small apartment buildings
- 6% of homes are apartment complexes
- 7 of homes are mobile homes
- .5% fall into the category of ‘other’
- 5% of homes have 5 bedrooms or more
- 2% of homes have 4 bedrooms
- 4% of homes have 3 bedrooms
- 7% of homes have 2 bedrooms
- 8% of homes have 1 bedroom
- 9% of homes are studios
Many homeowners will be concerned about getting a good return on their investment. If that’s a sticking point for you, you will be happy to know that the city has seen an appreciation rate of 186.27% between the first quarter of 2000 and the third quarter of 2021 making for an annual average rate of 4.95%. It has an appreciation rating of 8 as compared to other cities in California and an appreciation rating of 10 as compared to other cities in the state on a scale of 1 to 10.
The West Sacramento neighborhoods with the highest appreciation rates since 2000 are:
- Armfield Ave./ Marshall Rd.
- River Rd./ Jefferson Blvd.
- Allan Ave./ Marshall Rd.
- City Center
West Sacramento is a terrific city to visit and a terrific city to live in. Its new developments, high appreciation rates and affordable prices set it apart.
For more information on buying or selling in West Sacramento, Call Michael D. Rehm at (916) 469-7041.